Lord Caitanya said,
“O Haridäsa! Listen attentively to what I have to say. The truth about the holy name will be hidden by mischievous rascals who will create a dark shroud of ignorance over the entire world. At that time, these excellent and unrivalled instructions of yours about chanting in…
ki jani ki bale, tomara dhamete,
tumi doya-moy, patita-pavana,
1) By what personal understanding or by what power has one such as I come into Your shelter? Surely it is by Your mercy alone, for as Doya-moy and Patita-pavana You are ever engaged in the deliverance of the fallen souls.
bharasa amara, ei matra natha!
tumi to’ karuna-moy
tava doya-patra, nahi mora sama,
avashya ghucabe bhoy
2) My only hope, O Lord, is that You are full of compassion and mercy. There is no one more in need of Your mercy than I. You will surely drive away all my fears.
amare tarite, kaharo shakati,
doyala thakura! ghoshana tomara,
adhama pamare trahi
3) No one else in the world has the power to rescue me. O merciful Lord! By Your decree, kindly deliver this vile and lowly sinner!
sakala chadiya, asiyachi ami,
tomara carane natha!
ami nitya-dasa, tumi palayita,
tumi gopta, jagannatha!
4) I have given up everything and come to Your lotus feet, O Lord. I am Your eternal servant, and You are the maintainer. You are my sole protector, O Lord of the universe!
tomara sakala, ami matra dasa,
amara taribe tumi
tomara carana, korinu varana,
amara nahi to’ ami
5) Everything is Yours. I am merely Your menial servant, so it is certain that You will deliver me. I have chosen Your lotus feet as my only shelter. I no longer belong to myself.
bhakativinoda, kandiya sharana,
lo’yeche tomara pay
kshami’ aparadha, name ruci diya,
palana korohe tay
6) Bhaktivinoda weeps as he humbly takes takes shelter at Your feet. Forgiving all his offenses, affording him a taste for the holy name, oh kindly maintain him!
Om, Hiranya varnam harinim
Lakshmim jatavedo ma avaha
O all-knowing fire-god (Agni), would you kindly propitiate Mahalakshmi, the Goddess of prosperity, one whose body has the golden color; one who is decked with gold and silver garlands; one whose sari is yellow colored and one Whose face is like the full moon and whose eyes bless humanity with soothing grace. O Jata Veda, the fire-god, kindly tell Her of our supplications.